Welcome to CoMeD
CoMeD Membership Drive
The Coalition for Mercury-free Drugs (CoMeD) is a 501(C)(3) not-for-profit group. We are dedicated to reducing the mercury-exposure risks, for the unborn, infants, children, adolescents and adults, from all mercury-containing medical products to which they are, or may be, exposed. We support and, when we can, assist the efforts of all those who share any part of our mission, vision, or values.
Our mission is to reduce the level of mercury in all drugs, and end the knowing addition of mercury, in any form, to vaccines and other drugs.
We seek a world in which no mercury-based ingredient is knowingly added to any medicine, and the ingredients used in medicines have the lowest levels of mercury that the best practical technologies afford.
- "We recognize that organic mercury-based compounds are a proven neurotoxic risk to
susceptible men, women and children at
levels below 1 part per billion (1 part
in 1,000,000,000) [Parran et al 2005]."
- We acknowledge the pain, suffering, and worth of all those who are directly and indirectly impacted by medicines containing all forms of organic and inorganic mercury.
- We value the support of all persons, groups, and agencies who seek to reduce or remove the mercury currently added to our vaccines, serums, and other drugs.
- We stand ready to serve and support those who, along with us, are engaged in this effort.
- We believe that, together, we, the people, can remove mercury from our medicines.
- We value the right of informed consent, and commit ourselves to requiring that this right is upheld whenever a mercury-containing drug is injected or administered to a patient at levels exceeding the applicable governmental (e.g., EPA, FDA, OSHA) regulatory safety guidelines, regulations, or statutes with the least permissible level of mercury exposure.
This page last updated January 2017.